Monday, September 19, 2016

Sonnet number 2

This Friday was our 3 year anniversary, and (while a few days late) I am keeping my word. Here is the next installment in the sonnet cycle for Stephanie and myself!

2:

My only Angel brought me from the sea
And bore me to an island bright and fair.
I searched and sought to find her there with me
But never could I find her tender care.

No more left to drown on dark’ning water,
I set to build an altar on the beach.
In vain I’d hoped she’d see the shells I brought her
But no one came, she seemed just out of reach.

I cried “My love, please come and stay awhile.
“I’ll make a castle from this foreign land.”
There was no answer, I was sure in exile.
She’d gone, and left me stranded on the strand.

But hope had stayed, and from the sky she came;

My only Angel, calling out my name.

No comments:

Post a Comment